The MD71THD Display Head Unit is the Human Input Device in a MARINE DATA Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System. Used in conjunction with the MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processing Unit it utilises the latest technology to accurately process and convert Magnetic Heading signals with unparalleled accuracy to NMEA 0183 Heading Data. Features include: Variation Correction; Sensor to Compass Calibration (in a TMC system) and Automatic Deviation (in an EMC system).
MARINE DATA Transmitting Magnetic Compass Systems and Electromagnetic Compass Systems are simple and intuitive to use with quick and easy installation.
Transmitting Heading Device Systems from MARINE DATA: Flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Easy calibration of Magnetic Sensor Coil with host ship’s magnetic compass by turning the ship through 450°
- Intuitive menu-driven installer assistance when mounting the Sensor Coil to the ship’s host magnetic compass
- Dual power supply inputs
- Bright OLED display provides good clarity with high contrast and wide viewing angles
- Provides a digital NMEA heading output to drive a Compass Repeater (or other devices)
- An elegant alternative to using an optical reflector in a ship’s magnetic compass installation
CHOICE OF 2 THD SYSTEMS
- TRANSMITTING MAGNETIC COMPASS SYSTEM (MD71TMC):
- MD52A/B Ship’s Magnetic Compass Sensor (F052006)
- MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor Unit (F097007) to decode the signals from the MD52A/B sensor
- MD71THD Display Unit (F071007) – provides NMEA 0183 output, provides Deviation and Variation correction and provides sensor-to-compass calibration for easy installation on host compass
- ELECTRO-MAGNETIC COMPASS SYSTEM (MD71EMC):
- MD53A/B Earth’s Field Electromagnetic Compass Sensor (F053006)
- MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor Unit (F097007) to decode the signals from the MD53A/B sensor
- MD71THD Display Unit (F071007) – provides NMEA 0183 output, provides Deviation and Variation correction