The MD53A/B from MARINE DATA is an Earth’s Field Electro-Magnetic Compass which directly senses the Earth’s magnetic field. The MD53A/B has no moving parts and does not require a host magnetic compass. In this way, the MD53A/B forms the sensing element of a solid-state Electro‑Magnetic Compass (EMC) system – an alternative or a backup to a Gyro system.
The MD53A/B provides digital NMEA 0183 heading data (HDT, HDG, HDM) when used with the MARINE DATA MD97CSP Compass Sensor Interface. Vessel heading may be transmitted to any location on the vessel and displayed with a MARINE DATA compass repeater. Magnetic corrections and heading fluctuation damping are applied with the MARINE DATA MD71THD Variation and Deviation Corrector or the MD86HCU Heading Comparator Unit.
Constructed from robust aluminium alloy and finished in RAL7040 Window Grey semi-gloss paint, the MD53A/B is designed to complement existing marine navigation equipment.
The MD53A/B Electro-Magnetic Compass from MARINE DATA: Flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Provides a source of NMEA 0183 Digital Heading Data as part of the complete the MARINE DATA Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System; an alternative (or a backup) system to a gyrocompass as a source of Heading
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD52A/B Ship’s Magnetic Compass Sensor
- MD54 Compass Sensor Mounting Spacer (Self-adhesive to glass of host compass)
- MD58 Compass Sensor Mounting Bracket (Secures to compass bowl with machine screws)
- MD71THD Control & Display Unit – Required (for magnetic corrections and for fluctuation damping)
- MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor – Required
- MD86HCU Heading Comparator Unit (Option for magnetic corrections and for fluctuation damping and extensive other functionality)