OVERVIEW – Heading Monitor
The MD76HM Heading Monitor from MARINE DATA is an off-course safety alarm designed for seagoing vessels. An audible and visible alarm is activated at the steering position whenever the vessel deviates from a chosen course by more than a preset amount (in degrees). A Heading Monitor is an important aid to safety at sea and is a requirement of IMO whenever an autopilot is installed.
Compact and rugged, the MD76HM Heading Monitor is ideal for locations where the available space is limited. It may be either bulkhead mounted or panel mounted and is finished in RAL9005 Jet Black to complement other marine navigation equipment.
The MD76HM Heading Monitor from MARINE DATA: flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- On/Off activation can be controlled by by an autopilot system
- Remote trigger circuit for a remote alarm sounder
- Automatic changeover from main to backup power supply
- Audible and visual alarm in the event of a main power failure
- A built-in test function
- Dimmer control rotary switch for panel indicators
- Accepts NMEA 0183 heading data with heading types HDT, HDG and HDM
- Ideally suited to workboats, tugs and fishing vessels
- Provides the IMO Requirements of a Heading Monitor for an Autopilot