The MD36/8 is a solid-state digital NMEA to analogue STEP (S-Type) Interface for applications where there is a need for low power retransmission of digital NMEA heading data to legacy STEP equipment.
It converts a NMEA 0183 (IEC61162-1) compliant digital transmission to a DC STEP (S-Type) transmission at 24 V, 35 V or 50 V dc to within 1/6° with no errors.
Supplied for bulkhead mounting as standard, the MD36/8 offers a compact NMEA to STEP (S-Type) Interface solution for locations where available space is limited.
Constructed in a robust die-cast aluminium enclosure and finished in RAL9005 Jet Black fine texture powder coat paint, the MD36/8 is designed to complement existing marine navigation equipment.
The MD36/8 STEP (S-Type) to NMEA Interface from MARINE DATA. Designed to be easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Low-power, high accuracy conversion
- Accepts standard NMEA 0183 HDT sentence at 4800 baud
- Three line STEP (S-Type) transmission output, suitable for 24-70 V dc (smoothed or unsmoothed) common negative connection at up to 1 A per STEP line
- The MD36/8 is suitable for converting from digital NMEA 0183 (IEC61162-1) transmission format to any STEP (S-Type) transmission format. This is especially useful for retro-fitting legacy systems with modern equipment requiring a digital transmission of ships heading
- The MD36/8 forms an integral part of MARINE DATA Heading Repeaters supplied for use with STEP (S-Type) transmission systems
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- The MARINE DATA Range of Compass Repeaters
- MD86HCU Heading Comparator Unit