OVERVIEW – THD Display Head Unit
The Transmitting Heading Device (THD) Systems are becoming increasingly popular as a backup or an alternative to a gyro compass. MARINE DATA offers a Transmitting Magnetic Compass (TMC) or an Electromagnetic Compass (EMC) solution. The TMC echoes the ship’s magnetic compass in its binnacle; the EMC directly detects the Earth’s magnetic field as a fully independent electromagnetic compass.
The menu-driven MD71THD Control and Display Unit provides easy calibration of the magnetic heading sensor and allows the manual input of variation and deviation corrections. It provides a crystal clear digital display of heading in a compact design.
The MD71THD Control and Display Unit from MARINE DATA: flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- The heart of a MARINE DATA Transmitting Heading Device (THD) system
- Automatic compass sensor calibration (TMC)
- Yellow OLED high visibility display, 2.7” (128 x 64 pixel) with superb black-level reproduction
- Integrates all the key components in a MARINE DATA Transmitting Heading (THD) System
- Calibrates the magnetic heading sensor and allows the manual input of variation and deviation corrections
- Provides a NMEA 0183 output of Heading for forwarding to Compass Repeaters and other equipment
- Supplied as part of the MD71TMC System (Transmitting Magnetic Compass System) SKU F071100
- Supplied as part of the MD71EMC System (Electromagnetic Compass System) SKU F071101
Note: The MD71THD is not supplied as standard with the simplified MD97TMC Transmitting Magnetic Compass System (SKU F097100). However, the MD71THD can be retro-fitted to the MD97TMC system.