MD04UPS UNINTERRUPTIBLE POWER SUPPLY
The MD04UPS from MARINE DATA is a 24 V dc Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) designed to provide a backup supply for vital ship’s equipment in the event of a main power supply failure.
The MD04UPS from MARINE DATA is a 24 V dc Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) designed to provide a backup supply for vital ship’s equipment such as Heading Repeaters and Monitors in the event of a main power supply failure.
Housed in a rugged steel enclosure and designed for low maintenance operation, the MD04UPS Uninterruptible Power Supply will supply electrical power to a MARINE DATA installation for a period of at least 45 minutes* following the loss of the main power supply.
Suitable MARINE DATA installations for safeguarding include: Heading Repeaters, Heading Monitors, Compass Comparators, Transmitting Magnetic Compass Systems (TMC) and Rudder Angle Indicator Systems.
The integral battery is automatically recharged once the main power supply is restored.
Indicators show Main Supply Present, Backup Supply in Use and Backup Supply Charge State OK. Indication is visual with provision for an external alarm via a loop circuit (voltage-free switch contacts).
The MD04UPS from MARINE DATA: flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Maintains power supply for vital ship’s equipment
- Automatic changeover to battery power supply in the event of a main power supply failure
- Automatic re-charging and maintenance charging of integral battery when the main supply is present
- 3.2 Ah Service-free sealed lead-acid (SLA) battery (higher capacities available)
- 6 A max. output current with at least 45 minutes of backup time at 1 A load
- Status and Alarm indications / outputs for local and remote monitoring
- Safeguards the electrical supply of vital ship’s equipment
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD81 – 115 V / 230 V ac to 24 V dc Supply
- MD86HCU – Heading Comparator Unit
- MARINE DATA Digital Display Heading Repeaters / Heading Monitors – all
- MARINE DATA Dial Display Heading Repeaters / Heading Monitors – all
- MARINE DATA MD71THD Transmitting Heading Device Systems – TMC and EMC
- Weight: 8.25 kg
- Dimensions: H 256 mm (excl. cables & glands); W 284 mm (incl. fixings); D 186 mm
- Mounting: Bulkhead mounted
- Connections: 1 x Power input cable; 1 x Power output cable; 1 x Status monitoring cable; Internal screw terminals via cable glands
- Construction: Steel enclosure
- Finish: RAL9005 Jet Black, fine texture
- Power Input: 22 V to 29 V dc 6 W (+ output load)
- Power Output: Nominal 24 V dc @ up to 6 A
- Status Output: LED Indication / Volt Free Contacts
- Summary: Automatic changeover to battery backup supply; Automatic recharging of integral battery; Status and Alarm indications
- Performance: At least 45 minutes backup @1 A load
- Display: LED Indicators; internal via front view window
- Indications: Normal Operation (main supply in use); >85% Charge (battery charged); Floating operation (battery in use); Alarm Signal (battery not ready)
- IP Rating: IP32
- Operating Temp: -10°C to +50°C (Ventilation required)
- Compass Safe Distance: 200 cm
- Complies with: Protection Class III to EN60950; IEC 364-4-41 (VDE 0100 Part 410) IEC 536 (VDE 0106 Part 1); EN 60204-1 (VDE 0113 Part 1); IEC 61131; UL508, CSA C22.2; RI suppression to EN55022, limit-value curve B Interference immunity to EN 61000-6-2