The MD36/5/W is a Weatherproof, solid-state Synchro to Digital Interface. It converts an AC Synchro-transformer based transmission of ships heading from legacy equipment to a modern IEC 61162-1 (NMEA 0183) compliant Digital Transmission format.
Constructed in a robust die cast aluminium enclosure and finished in RAL7040 Window grey semi-gloss powder coat paint, the MD36/5/W is designed to complement other marine navigation equipment. Supplied for bulkhead mounting.
The MD36/5/W Weatherproof Synchro to NMEA Converter from MARINE DATA: Designed to be easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Weatherproof to IP65
- Low-power, high accuracy conversion
- 115/90 – 400 Hz 1:1 (1 rev=360°) Synchro input
- NMEA 0183 HDT sentence transmission; 4800 Baud / 10 messages per second
- The MD36/5/W is suitable for converting from a three-phase synchro transmission format to a digital NMEA 0183 (IEC 61162-1) transmission format. This is especially useful for retro-fitting legacy systems with modern equipment requiring a digital transmission of ships heading.
- Suitable for installing in a damp environment
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD36/5 Standard IP54 version
- MD86HCU Heading Comparator Unit
- The MARINE DATA Product range of Compass Repeaters