MD36/5/W WEATHERPROOF SYNCHRO TO NMEA INTERFACE
The MD36/5/W is a Weatherproof, solid-state Synchro to Digital Interface. It converts an AC Synchro-transformer based transmission to a modern IEC61162-1 (NMEA 0183) compliant Digital Transmission format.
The MD36/5/W is a Weatherproof, solid-state Synchro to NMEA Digital Interface. It converts an AC Synchro-transformer based transmission of ships heading from legacy equipment to a modern IEC 61162-1 (NMEA 0183) compliant Digital Transmission format.
Constructed in a robust die cast aluminium enclosure and finished in RAL7040 Window grey semi-gloss powder coat paint, the MD36/5/W is designed to complement other marine navigation equipment. Supplied for bulkhead mounting.
The MD36/5/W Weatherproof Synchro to NMEA Converter from MARINE DATA: Designed to be easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Weatherproof to IP65
- Low-power, high accuracy conversion
- 115/90 – 400 Hz 1:1 (1 rev=360°) Synchro input
- NMEA 0183 HDT sentence transmission; 4800 Baud / 10 messages per second
- The MD36/5/W is suitable for converting from a three-phase synchro transmission format to a digital NMEA 0183 (IEC 61162-1) transmission format. This is especially useful for retro-fitting legacy systems with modern equipment requiring a digital transmission of ships heading.
- Suitable for installing in a damp environment
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD36/5 Standard IP54 version
- MD86HCU Heading Comparator Unit
- The MARINE DATA Product range of Compass Repeaters
- Weight: 1.0 kg
- Dimensions: H 120.4 mm; W 122 mm; D 83 mm
- Mounting: Bulkhead mounting
- Connections: Cable glands: 1x M20, 1x M16; Earth Stud M6
- Construction: Die Cast Aluminium enclosure
- Finish: RAL7040 Window Grey, semi-gloss
- Power Supply: 24 V dc nominal; 4 W max; (0.12 amps @ 24 V); 18-32 V dc
- Data input: Synchro; 115 V Ref @ 400 Hz; 90 V l-l signal, 3 phases; Ratio 1:1 (1 rev = 360 deg) Data Output: NMEA 0183 (IEC 61162-1); $HEHDT ,xxx.xx,T*CS; 4800 Baud; 10 messages per second
- Performance: ±0.1° accuracy
- MTBF: >30,000 hours
- Error Indication: Status LEDs on internal PCB; Status in NMEA sentence set to ‘invalid’
- IP rating: IP65
- Operating temp: -15°C to +55°C
- RoHS: Compliant
- Compass: Safe Distance 50 cm
- Conforms with: IEC60945; IEC61162-1
- Option: Custom paint colour and stainless steel cable glands – subject to MOQ