MD81/24 Power Supply Unit
The MD81/24 is a power supply unit which operates from a ship’s 110 V / 220 V ac 50 / 60 Hz single phase supply and provides a 24 V dc output, or can also be factory configured to provide ‘S’ Type 35 V, 50 V or 70 V dc outputs for legacy equipment.
The MD81/24 is a power supply unit which operates from a ship’s 110 V / 220 V ac 50 / 60 Hz single phase supply and provides a 24 V dc output. The MD81/24 can also be factory configured to provide ‘S’ Type 35 V, 50 V or 70 V dc outputs for legacy equipment (option).
The power supply unit has an automatic changeover facility to switch to the ship’s backup (standby) 24 V dc supply in the event of a main power supply failure. It incorporates a power failure alarm circuit which meets IMO recommendations. Power failure is indicated visually on the front of the enclosure and a relay contact is provided to activate an external alarm system if required.
Constructed in a robust die-cast aluminium enclosure and finished in RAL9005 Jet Black fine texture paint, the MD81/24 is designed to complement existing marine navigation equipment. The MD81/24 is supplied with fixing centres for bulkhead mounting.
Compact and rugged, the MD81/24 offers a power supply solution for locations where space is limited.
The MD81/24 Power Supply from Marine Data: flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Linear power supply with low EMC emissions and high immunity
- High surge current capability
- Automatic changeover to backup (standby) dc supply in the event of main ac power failure
- All dc outputs are rectified
- The main and backup (standby) power supply inputs can be isolated
- All inputs and outputs are fuse protected
- The MD81 is suitable for supplying 24 V dc to ships navigation equipment where security of supply requires the automatic changeover to a backup dc supply in the event of a main ac power failure
- All Marine Data Navigation Equipment requiring a safeguarded 24 V dc supply
- Weight: 2.8 kg
- Dimensions: H 222 mm; W 180 mm; D 133 mm
- Mounting: Bulkhead
- Connections: 4x M20 cable glands; M4 earth stud; 2x internal barrier strips
- Construction: Die cast aluminium enclosure
- Finish: RAL9005 Jet Black, fine texture paint
- Type: Toroidal transformer
- Input Power: 24 V dc Backup (Standby) supply; 220 V or 110 V ac; 50 / 60 Hz main power
- Output Power: 24 V dc; 4 A; Factory options: 35 V, 50 V, 70 V dc
- External Alarm: Volt free contacts
- MTBF: >30,000 hours
- IP rating: IP42
- Operating temp: -15°C to +55°C
- RoHS: Compliant
- Compass: Safe distance 200 cm
- The trigger circuit for the external alarm sounder is closed loop (volt free) rated @ 3 A; 24 V dc Normally open (NO) and normally closed (NC) configurations are supported