MD52A/X Magnetic Compass Fluxgate Sensor
The MD52A/X Magnetic Compass Fluxgate Sensor provides a source of Magnetic Heading for the Marine Data MD76HM/1 Independent Heading Monitor
The MD52A/X Magnetic Compass Fluxgate Sensor provides a source of Magnetic Heading for the Marine Data MD76HM/1 Independent Heading Monitor – which is an important aid to safety at sea and a requirement of the IMO whenever an autopilot is installed.
By mounting the MD52A/X concentrically on a gimballed host magnetic compass, the MD52A/X’s highly sensitive magnetic fluxgate coil (Also known as a type of fluxgate magnetometer) can sense and follow the movement of the ship’s magnetic compass card.
The unit is supplied as standard as part of the MD76HM/1 Independent Heading Monitor System, which includes interconnecting junction box (MD97JB) and is fitted with an XLR type connector and includes a 2.5m 5-way screened captive cable.
- A Magnetic Fluxgate Coil (Compass Pickoff Coil)
- For use with the Marine Data MD76HM/1 Independent Heading Monitor (Required for an autopilot)
- Senses the movement of a ship’s Magnetic Compass Card
- XLR type connector
- Rugged Acetal Case
- Fully sealed to IP65
- Senses and follows the angular position of a host ship’s magnetic compass card
- Provides the independent source of magnetic heading for the MD76HM/1 Independent Heading Monitor
RELATED PRODUCTS & ACCESSORIES