The MD86HCU Heading Comparator Unit monitors and compares the headings of up to four compasses with a NMEA heading output. Compass types include: Gyro compass, GPS Compass, Transmitting Magnetic Compass (TMC) and Electromagnetic Compass (EMC). The MD86HCU has an integrated Heading Monitor (Off-Course Alarm) with easy to set user controls.
- Two or more compass headings may be compared and an alarm given if the headings diverge by more than a pre-set amount (compass divergence alarm)
- Ship’s Heading may be monitored and an alarm given if this exceeds a pre-set bandwidth (off-course alarm)
- Any one of the input headings may be selected for onward re-transmission to the ship’s compass repeaters
The unit is configured from the front panel LCD Touchscreen using an intuitive graphical user interface. Compact and rugged, the MD86HCU offers a compass monitoring solution for locations where the available space is limited and may be either bulkhead or panel mounted. Finished in jet black to complement other marine navigation equipment.
The MD86HCU Heading Comparator Unit from MARINE DATA: Flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Four NMEA 0183 heading inputs; Selectable NMEA compass heading output
- Compass Comparator displays Compass Divergence; Integrated Heading Monitor displays Heading
- Main and Emergency power supplies; with monitoring of both
- External alarm loop circuit for interfacing to ship’s alarm panel
- Automatic selection and prioritisation of NMEA heading data types: THS and HDT (true), HDG (magnetic + variation)
- Easy to use colour LCD touchscreen with intuitive GUI
- Fail-Safe feature directs sensor to output in the unlikely event of a system failure
- Heading Comparator – Compares the headings of two or more compasses and sounds an alarm if the error exceeds a pre-set value and duration
- Heading Monitor – Monitors Heading of Compass selected for re-transmission and sounds an alarm if the differs from the Set Heading by more than a pre-set limit and for a pre-set time
- Fulfils the mandatory IMO requirement for comparing the headings of 2 gyro compasses, where fitted
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD94HDU Heading Distribution Unit (supplied with the MD86HCU)
- THD (Transmitting Heading Device) Systems
- MARINE DATA Compass Repeaters