MD76HM Heading Monitor Unit & Off Course Alarm
Heading Monitor which triggers an Alarm whenever the vessel deviates from a chosen course by more than a preset amount.
The MD76HM Heading Monitor is an off-course safety alarm designed for seagoing vessels. An audible and visible alarm is activated at the steering position whenever the vessel deviates from a chosen course by more than a preset amount (in degrees). A Heading Monitor is an important aid to safety at sea and is a requirement of IMO whenever an autopilot is installed.
Compact and rugged, the MD76HM Heading Monitor is ideal for locations where the available space is limited. It may be either bulkhead mounted or panel mounted and is finished in RAL9005 Jet Black to complement other marine navigation equipment.
The MD76HM Heading Monitor from Marine Data: flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- An Important Maritime Safety Aid
- Alarm Sounds if the Vessel Heading Deviates by more than the Allowable Course Width
- Easy to Adjust the Allowable Course Width
- Fulfils the IMO requirements for using an Autopilot
- Activation can be linked with Activation of Autopilot
- Accepts NMEA 0183 Heading Data
- Automatically Switches to Backup Power Supply if the Main Supply fails
Ideally suited to workboats, tugs and fishing vessels
Meets the IMO Requirements of a Heading Monitor for an Autopilot
- Panel Mounting Kit (Supplied)
- Bulkhead Mounting Kit (Optional)
- MD81/24 – 24 V dc Power Supply (recommended dual power supply)
- MD94DDU – Data Distribution Unit
- Transmitting Heading Device (THD) Systems (TMC and EMC)
- The complete range of Marine Data Heading Repeaters