MD73SR Submarine Tape Compass Heading Repeater
The MD73SR is a NMEA-based ultra-compact Tape Compass Repeater with tape and digital displays.
The MD73SR is a NMEA-based ultra-compact Tape Compass Repeater with tape and digital displays. Housed in a robust aluminium enclosure, its compact size makes it an ideal addition to any bridge, enabling digital heading data (ship’s heading) to be conveniently displayed and monitored at any location on a vessel.
When multiple heading source data is available (e.g. True and Magnetic) the MD73SR prioritises the available data and indicates the heading source in current use. (Priorities are factory set, according to user requirements.)
The MD73SR has been designed to have a very low EMC signature, with a specially shielded PCB and selected components; the enclosure has EMC gaskets and special EMC glass.
Compact and rugged, the MD73SR offers a heading repeater solution for locations where space is limited. The MD73SR is panel mounted and finished in jet black, to complement other marine navigation equipment.
The MD73SR Tape Compass Repeater from Marine Data: flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Moving Tape and Digital Display
- Separate Direction of Turn Indication
- Fully EMC Shielded – including the glass display window
- Automatic selection and prioritisation of NMEA heading data type
- Automatic detection of lost heading data without a reset being required
- Factory Custom Background Illumination Colour
- Remote Dimming Control
- Factory adjustable Baud Rate
- Repeats the display of a ship’s magnetic or gyro compass at any convenient location on a vessel and provides a Heading at that location
- Provides the heading display in an Electromagnetic Compass System
- Ideal for Submarines where space is of value