The MD04UPS is a 24 V dc Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) designed to provide a backup supply for vital ship’s equipment such as Heading Repeaters, in the event of a main power supply failure.
Housed in a rugged steel enclosure and designed for low maintenance operation, the MD04UPS will supply electrical power to a Marine Data installation for a period of at least 45 minutes* following the loss of the main power supply.
Suitable installations for safeguarding include: Heading Repeaters, Heading Monitors, Compass Comparators, Transmitting Magnetic Compass Systems (TMC) and Rudder Angle Indicator Systems.
The integral battery is automatically recharged once the main power supply is restored.
Indicators show Main Supply Present, Backup Supply in Use and Backup Supply Charge State OK. Indication is visual with provision for an external alarm via a loop circuit (voltage-free switch contacts).
The MD04UPS from Marine Data: flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Maintains a 24 V dc Power Supply for Vital Ship’s Equipment
- Output Current up to 6 A
- Switches from Main 24 V dc Supply to Integral Battery Backup Supply
- Automatic, Uninterrupted Changeover when Main Supply Fails
- Automatic Charge Maintenance of Integral Battery
- UPS Hold-Up Time: 45 minutes* (minimum) at 1 A
- Indicator / Alarm Outputs for Operational Status
- Safeguards the electrical supply of vital ship’s equipment
- MD81 – 115 V / 230 V ac to 24 V dc Marine power supply
- MD86HCU – Heading Comparator Unit
- Transmitting Heading Device (THD) Systems (TMC and EMC)
- The complete range of Marine Data Compass Heading Repeaters & Monitors
*Exact backup time may vary, depending on load – The 45 minutes quoted is based on a quantity of 5 Marine Data Repeaters running in highest current consumption mode.