The MD36/5 is a solid-state Synchro to NMEA Interface. It converts an AC Synchro-transformer based transmission of ships heading from legacy equipment to a modern IEC61162-1 (NMEA 0183) compliant Digital Transmission format.
Constructed in a robust die cast aluminium enclosure and finished in RAL9005 Jet Black fine texture powder coat paint, the MD36/5 is designed to complement existing marine navigation equipment. Bulkhead mounted as standard. Compact and rugged, the MD36/5 offers a compact Synchro to NMEA interface solution for locations where available space is limited.
The MD36/5 Synchro to NMEA Interface from MARINE DATA. Designed to be easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Low-power, high accuracy conversion
- 115/90 – 400 Hz 1:1 (1 rev=360°) Synchro input
- NMEA 0193 HDT sentence transmission; 4800 Baud / 10 messages per second
- The MD36/5 is suitable for converting from a three-phase synchro transmission format to a digital NMEA 0183 (IEC 61162-1) transmission format. This is especially useful for retro-fitting legacy systems with modern equipment requiring a digital transmission of ships heading
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD36/5W Waterproof IP65 version
- MD86HCU Heading Comparator Unit
- The MARINE DATA Product Range of Compass Repeaters