MD36/5 SYNCHRO TO NMEA INTERFACE
The MD36/5 is a solid-state Synchro to Digital Interface. It converts an AC Synchro-transformer based transmission of ships heading from legacy equipment to a modern IEC61162-1 (NMEA 0183) compliant Digital Transmission format.
The MD36/5 is a solid-state Synchro to NMEA Interface. It converts an AC Synchro-transformer based transmission of ships heading from legacy equipment to a modern IEC61162-1 (NMEA 0183) compliant Digital Transmission format.
Constructed in a robust die cast aluminium enclosure and finished in RAL9005 Jet Black fine texture powder coat paint, the MD36/5 is designed to complement existing marine navigation equipment. Bulkhead mounted as standard. Compact and rugged, the MD36/5 offers a compact Synchro to NMEA interface solution for locations where available space is limited.
The MD36/5 Synchro to NMEA Interface from MARINE DATA. Designed to be easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Low-power, high accuracy conversion
- 115/90 – 400 Hz 1:1 (1 rev=360°) Synchro input
- NMEA 0193 HDT sentence transmission; 4800 Baud / 10 messages per second
- The MD36/5 is suitable for converting from a three-phase synchro transmission format to a digital NMEA 0183 (IEC 61162-1) transmission format. This is especially useful for retro-fitting legacy systems with modern equipment requiring a digital transmission of ships heading
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD36/5W Waterproof IP65 version
- MD86HCU Heading Comparator Unit
- The MARINE DATA Product Range of Compass Repeaters
- Weight: 1.0 kg
- Dimensions: H 222 mm; W 146 mm; D 55 mm
- Mounting: Bulkhead mounting
- Connections: 3x M20 Cable Glands; M4 Earth Stud
- Construction: Aluminium alloy enclosure
- Finish: Jet Black (RAL9005) Fine texture powder coat paint
- Power Supply: 24 V dc nominal; 4 W max; (0.12 amps @ 24 V); 18-32 V dc
- Data input: Synchro; 115 V Ref @ 400 Hz; 90 V l-l signal, 3 phases; Ratio 1:1 (1 rev = 360 deg)
- Data output: NMEA 0183 (IEC 61162-1) $HEHDT,xxx.xx,T*CS 4800 Baud; 10 messages per second
- Performance: ±0.1° accuracy
- MTBF: >30,000 hours
- Error Indication: Status LEDs on internal PCB; Status in NMEA sentence set to ‘invalid’
- IP rating: IP54
- Operating temp: -15°C to +55°C
- RoHS: Compliant
- Compass: Safe Distance 50 cm
- Conforms with: IEC60945; IEC61162-1
- Option: Custom paint colour and stainless steel cable glands – subject to MOQ