MD36/5D Dual Channel Synchro to NMEA Converter Interface
The MD36/5D is a solid-state Dual Channel Synchro to Digital Interface, which simultaneously converts two channels of ac synchro transformer-based transmissions, from legacy equipment, into two channels of modern NMEA 0183 digital transmissions.
Click and swipe to rotate
The MD36/5D is a solid-state Dual Channel Synchro to Digital NMEA Interface. It simultaneously converts two channels of ac synchro transformer based transmissions of ships heading from legacy equipment into two channels of modern IEC61162-1 (NMEA 0183) compliant digital transmissions.
This converter is constructed in a robust die cast aluminium enclosure and finished in RAL9005 Jet Black fine texture powder coat paint, the MD36/5D is designed to complement existing marine navigation equipment. Bulkhead mounted as standard. Compact and rugged, the MD36/5D offers a compact Synchro to NMEA interface solution for locations where available space is limited.
The MD36/5D Synchro to NMEA Interface from Marine Data, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- IP Converts 2x Analogue 3-Phase Synchro to 2x Digital NMEA 0183
- Multiplexer to combine 2 channels of NMEA into 1 combined channel NMEA output
- Allows legacy equipment to connect to NMEA systems
- 115 V, 400 Hz Reference Voltage
- 90 V per phase Synchro
- Low Power Consumption
- Compact and Robust
- Suitable for converting from a three-phase synchro transmission format to a digital NMEA 0183 (IEC61162-1) transmission format. This is especially useful for retro-fitting legacy systems with modern equipment requiring a digital transmission of ships heading