MD97TMC Transmitting Magnetic Compass System – Standard
Transmit Magnetic Heading from a ship’s Magnetic Compass to remote Heading Repeater Displays over a digital NMEA 0183 connection.
The MD97TMC is a Transmitting Magnetic Compass (TMC) System which detects and transmits the ship’s Compass Heading over a NMEA 0183 digital connection to one or more Heading Repeaters (Compass Repeaters) at any convenient location on a vessel.
The Calibration Control and Sensor Processor is used to calibrate the Compass Sensor by turning the ship through 390°. The latest technology accurately processes and converts compass card position to NMEA 0183 Heading Data.
The Marine Data MD97TMC Transmitting Magnetic Compass System is intuitive to use with quick and easy installation.
- Provides 2 digital NMEA heading outputs to drive Heading Repeaters (or other devices) at a convenient location
- An elegant alternative to using an optical reflector in a ship’s magnetic compass installation
- MD71THD – Control & Display unit provides additional functionality
- MD54 – Compass Sensor Adhesive Mount
- MD58 – Compass Sensor Bracket Mount
- MD96JB/8 – Junction Box – to supply power and act as breakout box for 2x NMEA 0813 data channels
- MD94DDU – Data Distribution Unit – to supply power and for feeding several Heading Repeaters
- MD71TMC – Transmitting Magnetic Compass System with head unit and additional advanced features
- The complete range of Marine Data Heading Repeaters
PARTS INCLUDED IN THIS TMC SYSTEM
- MD52A/B – Compass sensor
- MD97CSP – Compass sensor processor
- 2.5 m D-type 15-way data cable for supplying system power and carrying 2x NMEA 0183 data channel outputs
REQUIRED OPTION: COMPASS SENSOR MOUNTING (NOT INCLUDED)
- Optional Sensor Mount MD54 or MD58 – this is not included as standard because it depends on the type of host magnetic compass. Since there are many different manufacturers of magnetic compass, please contact us to obtain the correct sensor mount.
PRODUCTS FOR EXPANDING THE TMC SYSTEM (NOT INCLUDED)
- Dedicated Heading Repeater(s)
- MD96JB/8 Junction Box which can be used to supply system power and act as a breakout box for 2x NMEA 0183 data channels (2 in; 2 out)
- MD94DDU NMEA 0183 Data Distribution Unit which can be used to supply system power and act as a breakout box for up to 9x NMEA 0183 data channels (2 in; 9 out)
- MD71THD – Control and Display unit; provides 2x digital NMEA 0183 outputs; applies Magnetic Corrections to digital NMEA outputs; displays the heading**
- 10 m D-type 9-way interconnect cable (CAN Bus)
- TMD71TB Trunnion Bracket – a versatile mount for the MD71THD Head Unit
**The (optional) MD71THD Control and Display Unit is capable of displaying the heading in numeric form as a basic heading repeater (compass repeater). However, we always recommend using a dedicated Marine Data Heading Repeater suitable for the precise purpose to which it will be put (a repeater for steering the vessel; a repeater taking bearings; a repeater to be mounted on the bridge wing, etc. See the full range here)