MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor
System Component: The Signal Processor supplied as part of a complete MARINE DATA™ Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System.
The MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor is an electronic processing unit mounted in a waterproof enclosure with a socket connection for a magnetic sensor and internal screw terminals for connection of the cable to the MD71THD.
The MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor unit accepts the signals provided by either the MD52A/B (TMC) Sensor or the MD53A/B (EMC) Sensor and performs the calculations necessary for the basic calibration of the fluxgate sensor and provide a measurement of Magnetic Heading.
Transmitting Heading Device (THD) Systems are becoming increasingly popular as a backup or an alternative to a gyro compass. MARINE DATA offers a Transmitting Magnetic Compass (TMC) or an Electromagnetic Compass (EMC) solution. The TMC echoes the ship’s magnetic compass in its binnacle; the EMC directly detects the Earth’s magnetic field as a fully independent electromagnetic compass.
- Performs the calculations necessary for the basic calibration of the connected magnetic sensor
- Selection of the magnetic sensor type (MD52A/B or MD53A/B) is made within the MD97CSP
- Proprietary algorithms are used to calibrate the MD52A/B with the ship’s Magnetic Compass and provide deviation correction for the MD53A/B.
- Adds Magnetic Variation to the Magnetic Heading to calculate True Heading
- Deviation and Variation parameters are stored in non-volatile memory
- Data and control signals are transmitted between the MD97CSP and the MD71THD through a dedicated, industry-standard CAN Bus using proprietary protocols
- Connects with the MD71THD Control and Display Unit (required) in a MARINE DATA Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System. There is no standalone functionality
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD71THD Control and Display Unit – Required
- MD52A/B Ship’s Magnetic Compass Sensor**
- MD53A/B Earth’s Field Sensing Electro-Magnetic Compass**
- MARINE DATA™ Compass Repeater(s)
- MD94DDU Data Distribution Unit for additional Repeaters
**One of either of these items is required
- Weight: 0.35 kg
- Mounting: Surface-mounted, 4x external mounting slots 9 x 3.7 mm; fixing centres: 40 x 135 mm
- Dimensions: L 146 mm; W 64 mm; D 41 mm
- Connections: 1x 6-way Buccaneer™ connector to Sensor; 1x M16 Cable Gland to Internal Screw Terminals (Interconnection cable); M4 Earth stud
- Construction: Aluminium alloy enclosure
- Finish: RAL9005 Jet Black, fine texture paint
- Power Supply: Provided by MD71THD (Required)
- Data Input: 3 phase positional signal from magnetic sensor; Control signals from MD71THD
- Data Protocol: Proprietary over CAN Bus
- Data Output: Heading
- Performance: Heading Accuracy: TMC: <±1.0º; EMC: <±1.0º
- MTBF: >30,000 hours
- IP rating: IP54
- Operating temp -15°C to +55°C
- Compass: Safe Distance 50 cm
- Complies with: IEC 60945; IEC 61162-1
- RoHS: Compliant
- Supplied as part of a MARINE DATA THD System
- Required: MD71THD for any functionality
- Required: Magnetic Sensor MD52A/B or MD53A/B
- Option: Additional Compass Repeater(s)
- Option: Data Distribution Unit for multiple Repeaters