MD71THD Display Head Unit for TMC & EMC Systems
The Human Input Device in a MARINE DATA Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System. Allows the magnetic correction coefficients and variation to be entered manually. Displays Heading
The Transmitting Heading Device (THD) Systems are becoming increasingly popular as a backup or an alternative to a gyro compass. Marine Data offers a Transmitting Magnetic Compass (TMC) or an Electromagnetic Compass (EMC) solution. The TMC echoes the ship’s magnetic compass in its binnacle; the EMC directly detects the Earth’s magnetic field as a fully independent electromagnetic compass.
The menu-driven MD71THD Control and Display Unit provides easy calibration of the magnetic heading sensor and allows the manual input of variation and deviation corrections. It provides a crystal clear digital display of heading in a compact design.
The MD71THD Control and Display Unit from Marine Data: flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- The Control and Display Unit supplied for a Marine Data Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System (type EMC or TMC)
- Automatic compass sensor calibration (TMC)
- Displays Heading with True or Magnetic Source Indication
- OLED Display for High Contrast
- 2x NMEA 0183 outputs at the rear
- Integrates all the key components in a Marine Data Transmitting Heading (THD) System
- Calibrates the magnetic heading sensor and allows the manual input of variation and deviation corrections
- Provides a NMEA 0183 output of Heading for forwarding to Compass Repeaters and other equipment