The MD54 Adhesive Mount from MARINE DATA is a non-ferrous mount for attaching the MARINE DATA MD52A series of ship’s magnetic compass sensors to an existing ship’s magnetic compass. The MD54 is designed to adhere to the smooth concentric area located underneath the majority of externally gimballed ship’s magnetic compasses.
Once correctly mounted, the MARINE DATA MD52A Compass Sensor can detect and send the magnetic compass heading for signal processing before being transmitted as NMEA 0183 data to other equipment, for example, in a Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System.
Note: A compass sensor should not be glued directly to a host compass. Performance may be reduced, maintenance made difficult or the compass sensor could even become damaged. The MD54 Adhesive Mount eliminates all these issues.
For ship’s compasses where the MD54 Adhesive Mount cannot be fitted, we recommend our MD58 Bracket Mount. The MD54 Adhesive Mount from MARINE DATA: easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Non-ferrous Acetal plastic and Brass construction
- Supplied with both a self-adhesive pad and/or fixing screws for mounting to the compass
- To securely mount a Magnetic Compass Sensor (Pick-off Coil) to an existing ship’s magnetic compass
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD52A – Ship’s Magnetic Compass Sensor
- MD58 – Mounting Bracket for Ship’s Compass Sensor (an alternative compass mounting)
- THD – Transmitting Heading Device System