The MD54 Adhesive Mount attaches a ship’s magnetic compass sensor to an existing ship’s magnetic compass as part of a Transmitting Magnetic Compass System. The MD54 is designed to adhere to the smooth concentric area located underneath most externally gimballed ship’s magnetic compasses.
Note: A compass sensor should not be glued directly to a host compass. Performance may be reduced, maintenance made difficult or the compass sensor could even become damaged. The MD54 Adhesive Mount eliminates all these issues.
For ship’s compasses where the MD54 Adhesive Mount cannot be fitted, we recommend our MD58 Bracket Mount.
Once correctly mounted, the MARINE DATA MD52A Compass Sensor can detect and send the magnetic compass heading for signal processing before being transmitted as NMEA 0183 data to other equipment, for example, in a Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System.
The MD54 Adhesive Mount from MARINE DATA: easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Non-ferrous Acetal plastic and Brass construction
- Supplied with both a self-adhesive pad and/or fixing screws for mounting to the compass
- To mount a Magnetic Compass Sensor (Pick-off Coil) securely to an existing ship’s magnetic compass
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD52A Series of Ship’s Magnetic Compass Sensor (several variants)
- MD58 Mounting Bracket for Ship’s Compass Sensor (an alternative compass mounting) F058001