Job Vacancy: Semi-Technical Sales & Marketing Engineer
Position: Semi-Technical Sales and Marketing Engineer
Company: Marine Data Systems and Comar Systems
Location: Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Industry: Commercial and Government Sectors in the Maritime industry
Marine Data Systems and Comar Systems are leading manufacturers of Navigation and Automatic Identification Systems for the commercial and government sectors in the Maritime industry. With a strong presence in the market, our products are trusted by customers worldwide. We seek a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our team as a Semi-Technical Sales Engineer.
As a Semi-Technical Sales Engineer, you will play a key role in driving sales and marketing activities for Marine Data Systems and Comar Systems. You will work closely with our CEO, a team of two sales administrators, finance and operations managers, the media department, design engineers, and our network of worldwide distributors. Your primary responsibility will be to promote and sell our navigation and automatic identification systems to commercial and government agents in the maritime industry.
1. Sales and Marketing: Drive sales and revenue growth to achieve sales targets by identifying and developing new commercial and government maritime sector business opportunities.
2. Product Knowledge: Develop a deep understanding of the products of Marine Data Systems and Comar Systems, including Navigation and Automatic Identification Systems. Stay updated with industry trends, competitor offerings, and market demands to promote and sell our solutions effectively.
3. Customer Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and prospective clients, acting as a trusted advisor on technical aspects of our products. Understand customer needs, provide product demonstrations, and deliver compelling presentations to showcase the value proposition of our solutions.
4. Technical Support: Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support, including system configuration, troubleshooting, and training to customers. Collaborate with design engineers to address technical inquiries and ensure customer satisfaction.
5. Exhibition Participation: Attend and exhibit at trade shows and industry events worldwide to promote our products, generate leads, and increase brand visibility. Travel to various locations will be required.
6. Documentation and Reporting: Prepare accurate sales forecasts, activity reports, and customer feedback to contribute to sales strategies and product development initiatives. Maintain up-to-date records of customer interactions using CRM software.
7. Continuous Learning: Stay abreast of advancements in navigation technology, industry regulations, and market dynamics to effectively communicate product differentiators and maintain a competitive edge.
1. Bachelor’s Degree: A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field would be an advantage.
2. Sales Experience: Proven sales or business development track record, preferably within the maritime industry. Experience selling technical products and solutions is highly desirable.
3. Technical Aptitude: Strong technical background and the ability to understand complex navigation systems. Familiarity with Automatic Identification Systems (AIS) is a plus.
4. Excellent Communication: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Fluency in English is required.
5. Team Player: Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
6. Travel Flexibility: Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to attend exhibitions and engage with clients.
7. Health: The successful applicant should be in good health with no long-term illnesses that would impede their ability to fulfil the role’s responsibilities.
Working Hours and Application Process:
This is a full-time position based in Newport, Isle of Wight. The working hours are Monday to Thursday, from 07:00hrs to 16:45hrs; however, part-time may be considered. If you meet the above criteria and believe you are the right fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you believe you are the right fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This job description outlines the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict specific tasks that may be assigned.
Note: We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.