MD58 Bracket Mount for Magnetic Compass Sensor
The MD58 Bracket Mount is a non-ferrous Bracket Mount for attaching the Marine Data MD52A Ship’s Magnetic Compass Sensor to an existing ship’s magnetic compass.
The MD58 Bracket Mount is a non-ferrous Bracket Mount for attaching the Marine Data MD52A Ship’s Magnetic Compass Sensor to an existing ship’s magnetic compass. This bracket provides an alternative mounting option to the MD54 Adhesive Mount.
Once securely mounted, the MD52A Compass Sensor can detect magnetic compass heading. This is then processed by the MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor before being transmitted as NMEA 0183 data to other equipment, for example, in a Transmitting Magnetic Compass (TMC) System.
Note: A compass sensor should not be glued directly to a host compass. Performance may be reduced, maintenance made difficult or the compass sensor could even become damaged. The MD58 Bracket Mount eliminates all these issues, and for ship’s compasses where the MD58 Bracket Mount cannot be fitted, we recommend the MD54 Adhesive Mount.
Finished in durable fine texture jet black powder coated paint to complement other marine navigation equipment.
- Mounts the Marine Data MD52A series of Compass Sensor Fluxgate Coils to a Ship’s Magnetic Compass
- Suitable for Ship’s Magnetic Compasses that have external gimbals
- Non-Magnetic Aluminium Construction (Brass option available)
- RAL9005 Jet Black, Fine Texture Finish
- To mount a Magnetic Compass Sensor (Pick-off Coil) securely to an existing ship’s magnetic compass measurements