The MD36/6 is a solid-state Step (S-Type) to NMEA Interface. It converts a DC Step (S-Type) transmission of a ship’s heading from legacy equipment to a modern NMEA 0183 compliant Digital Transmission format. There is an alignment facility on the unit to align the digital output of the MD36/6 to the incoming heading signal. When suitably adjusted the MD36/6 reads the step input heading to within 1/6° and re-transmits an RS422 output following the NMEA (0183) protocol with no errors.
Constructed in a robust die-cast aluminium enclosure and finished in RAL9005 Jet Black fine texture powder coat paint, the MD36/6 is designed to complement existing marine navigation equipment. Supplied for bulkhead mounting as standard, compact and rugged, the MD36/6 offers a compact Step (S-Type) to NMEA Interface solution for locations where available space is limited.
The MD36/6 Step (S-Type) to NMEA Interface from MARINE DATA; designed to be easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Low-power, high accuracy conversion
- Accepts a 3 line Step (S-Type) transmission input, suitable for 24-70 V dc (smoothed or unsmoothed)
- NMEA 0183 HDT sentence transmission at 4800 Baud / 10 messages per second
- The MD36/6 is suitable for converting from any STEP (S-Type) transmission format to a digital NMEA 0183 (IEC61162-1) transmission format. This is especially useful for retro-fitting legacy systems with modern equipment requiring a digital transmission of ships heading.
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- The MARINE DATA Product Range of Compass Repeaters
- MD86HCU Heading Comparator Unit