The MD61 Rudder Angle Transmitter is a Rudder Angle Transducer for providing steering indication. Mounted in the steering compartment, it transmits the vessel’s Rudder Angle to a Marine Data Rudder Angle Indicator. The input shaft is mechanically linked to the vessel’s rudder stock by a fully adjustable linkage rod (supplied).
The MD61 has dual outputs:
- Digital NMEA 0183 and
- Analogue Variable Voltage (via 5 KΩ geared potentiometer
The Rudder Angle Transmitter is fully sealed and housed in a robust aluminium alloy enclosure. Finished in Window Grey semi-gloss paint to complement other marine navigation equipment.
The MD61 from Marine Data: flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Ship’s Rudder Angle Sensor and Transmitter
- Digital NMEA 0183 Output (IEC 61162-1)
- Analogue Variable Voltage Output – 5 KΩ Potentiometer
- Built-in Rudder Indication LEDs for easy set-up
- Fully Adjustable Rudder Linkage Rod
- Proven Rugged Design
- Type Approval: Wheel Mark (0098-14) when installed as part of the Marine Data Rudder Angle Indicator System
- Transmits Rudder Angle data to a Marine Data Rudder Angle Indicator, VDR or Auto-Pilot at any convenient location