The MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor is an electronic processing unit mounted in a waterproof enclosure with a socket connection for a magnetic sensor and internal screw terminals for connection of the cable to the MD71THD.
The MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor unit accepts the signals provided by either the MD52A/B (TMC) Sensor or the MD53A/B (EMC) Sensor and performs the calculations necessary for the basic calibration of the fluxgate sensor and provide a measurement of Magnetic Heading.
Transmitting Heading Device (THD) Systems are becoming increasingly popular as a backup or an alternative to a gyro compass. MARINE DATA offers a Transmitting Magnetic Compass (TMC) or an Electromagnetic Compass (EMC) solution. The TMC echoes the ship’s magnetic compass in its binnacle; the EMC directly detects the Earth’s magnetic field as a fully independent electromagnetic compass.
- Performs the calculations necessary for the basic calibration of the connected magnetic sensor
- Selection of the magnetic sensor type (MD52A/B or MD53A/B) is made within the MD97CSP
- Proprietary algorithms are used to calibrate the MD52A/B with the ship’s Magnetic Compass and provide deviation correction for the MD53A/B.
- Adds Magnetic Variation to the Magnetic Heading to calculate True Heading
- Deviation and Variation parameters are stored in non-volatile memory
- Data and control signals are transmitted between the MD97CSP and the MD71THD through a dedicated, industry-standard
CAN Bus using proprietary protocols
- Connects with the MD71THD Control and Display Unit (required) in a MARINE DATA Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System. There is no standalone functionality
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- MD71THD Control and Display Unit – Required
- MD52A/B Ship’s Magnetic Compass Sensor**
- MD53A/B Earth’s Field Sensing Electro-Magnetic Compass**
- MARINE DATA™ Compass Repeater(s)
- MD94DDU Data Distribution Unit for additional Repeaters
**One of either of these items is required