Steering Repeater OVERVIEW
The MD68HRB Steering Repeater from MARINE DATA is a dual-scale NMEA-based Steering Repeater with a clear and easy to read analogue dual-scale dial display. The display has an outer dial of 164 mm diameter graduated in 1 degree increments and an inner dial of 103 mm with a resolution of one tenth of a degree.
The MD68HRB Steering Repeater is housed in a robust, compact aluminium enclosure fitted with a rotary encoder for controlling the level of background illumination. Finished in jet black to complement other marine navigation equipment, it is ideal for any vessel.
When multiple heading sources are available in the heading data (e.g. True and Magnetic) the MD68HRB Steering Repeater automatically prioritises and indicates which heading source is in current use. The encoder has a pushbutton facility for an internal self-test.
Compact and rugged, the MD68HRB Steering Repeater offers a solution for digital heading data (ship’s heading) to be conveniently displayed and monitored at any convenient location on a vessel. Suitable where the available space is limited and may be either bulkhead or panel mounted.
The MD68HRB from MARINE DATA: Flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Dual Scale 36:1 precision concentric dial display suitable for Vessel Steering
- Automatic selection and prioritisation of NMEA heading data type
- Prioritisation of heading type: HDT (true), HDG (magnetic + variation), HDM (magnetic)
- Automatic warning of loss of valid heading data and automatic detection of a previously lost heading data type without requiring a reset
- Local and remote dimming control
- The MD68HRB displays True or Magnetic Heading Data transmitted from marine equipment compatible with NMEA 0183 (IEC 61162-1)(Gyro compass, TMC, EMC, GPS Compass etc.)
- High Resolution 36:1 Dual Scale Display for Vessel Steering
What is a Steering Repeater?
The Steering Repeater ensures a clear indication of the heading information by using a 360° and a 10° compass card. In addition, Ture / Magnetic indicators provide clear indication of heading source. The 360° and 10° compass cards, provide a graduation of a tenth of a degree.