MD310SS Emergency Rudder Angle Telegraph System
An Emergency Steering System which derives its power from a safeguarded backup DC power supply. In this way, the vessel can be safely steered when the main power has failed.
The MD310SS Rudder Angle Telegraph is an emergency system which derives its power from a safeguarded backup DC power supply. The MD310SS system conveys angular steering commands from the wheelhouse to the steering crew located at a remote station in the vessel’s steering gear compartment. In this way, the vessel can be safely steered when the main power has failed.
For vessels equipped with dual rudders, the MD310TS Dual Rudder System is available. In this case, one MD310S Single Head Unit is located in each steering compartment and an MD310T Twin Head Unit is located at the command station in the wheelhouse.
Steering commands are displayed in degrees by a moving pointer (also known as a bug) on the remote angular display unit situated in the steering compartment. The steering crew can then comply by moving the rudders to the required angular position by hand and then respond to this by confirming the response angle and pressing the Alert button.
The MD310SS Emergency Rudder Angle Telegraph from Marine Data: Easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Simple, ultra-reliable design
- Rugged marinised construction
- Dimming control
- The Marine Data Rudder Angle Telegraph System is an emergency backup system. It is designed to provide a simple and reliable means of steering a vessel by hand in the event of a catastrophic main power systems failure at sea
Related Products & Systems
- Weight: 1.65 kg
- Dimensions: H 170 mm; W 186 mm; D 135 mm; Fascia 144 x 144 x 6 mm; Dial Ø 118 mm
- Mounting: Bracket or Panel Mounted
- Connections: Captive cable
- Construction: Aluminium alloy enclosure
- Finish: RAL7040 Window Grey, semi-gloss
- Power Supply: 24 V dc (18-32 V) 4 W nominal
- Data input: Variable dc voltage; alert signal
- Cable: 2.5 m multicore captive; bare tails
- Performance: ± 2.5° accuracy
- Follow-Up Rate: 6° per second
- Display: Moving pointer against a fixed angular displacement card
- Resolution: Marked in units of 1o with an angular range of 40° port and 40° starboard
- Illumination: Red tint; dimmable
- MTBF: 30,000 hours
- IP rating: IP54
- Operating temp: -10°C to +70°C
- Humidity: 0% – 95% at 40ºC
- 00 Hz – 12.5 Hz ±1.60 mm displacement
- 5 Hz – 25.0 Hz ±0.38 mm
- 0 Hz – 50.0 Hz ±0.10 mm
- Compass: Safe Distance 100 cm
- Conforms with: IEC60945
- Supplied: Bulkhead Bracket Mounting Kit (x2)
- Supplied: MD96/10 Junction Box (x2)
- Supplied: MD310S Single Head Units (x2)
- Option: Twin Head Unit – dual units in one enclosure, for vessels equipped with dual rudders SKU F310T02 (system comprises 2x single head units and 1x twin head unit)